Sunday, November 30, 2014

Recent bags in rotation - tons of rain, but I'm worry free!

The last month we have been experiencing non-stop downpour, and these are the 3 bags I chose to tackle the horrible weather.

Coach Madison "Julianne" Op-art tote - despite being hot pink, I reach for this bag a lot when I can't think of what bag to use. Its canvas material gives me peace of mind since I don't need to panic and baby it in the rain, and the detachable shoulder strap makes it really easy for me to go hands-free to hold my umbrella.
Banana Republic "Scalia" tote - I bought this bag as my 'public transportation' bag and it has not failed me. This bag is HUGE and with all its compartments, works really well for work. Taking public transportation means I have to be quite prepared for our temperamental weather and at a moment's notice, I can pull out the scarf and gloves I have stashed away, or put away my jacket if it warms up. The compartments keep my documents neat and separate. Even though it is leather, I don't have problems using this in poor weather because it is so tough and I swear, any marks that are made on it gradually disappear over time. The only down-side is that it gets a bit heavy, but the wider straps and generous drop counter that a bit.
Valentina mustard convertible hobo and crossbody - I found this at my local Winners 5+ years ago and it has been one of my best bag purchases. Not to mention I got it on clearance - I think I paid around $50 for it, and it's made in Italy. The leather is pebbled so it can withstand a lot of abuse and since it is convertible, when I have to unexpectedly hold an umbrella, it is so easy. Even though it looks like it puddles and it would be difficult to find anything in it, it actually has some interior compartments that alleviate that a bit. A zippered pocket, one cell phone pocket, and then a larger slip-pocket. Its color makes me one of my faves to pull out for fall.   

2 comments:

  1. I love that your workhorse/ all weather bag trio is so great looking! I especially like the 2 bright bags. I also love how your blog gives me ideas for my own closet. I really like mustard yellow too, but (had to check again) currently do not own anything in this color. I definitely would like to add a yellow bag to my closet, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimmy! When I bought the bag, I had no idea that it would be such a staple in my wardrobe, but she's one of my favourites.

      Delete